Dogs, being curious, can swallow objects that they are not supposed to. After an x-ray, it was determined that a Golden Retriever had ingested a foreign object and it needed to be removed. The effects of digesting a foreign object can vary and if it does not pass they can become irritated and cause infection. Removal can require surgery and can be very expensive. In this case the owners were able to claim $7,299 from their vet bill, being 80% of the total cost. - RSPCA Pet Insurance claim 2013.
- RSPCA Pet Insurance claim 2013.