RSPCA Pet Insurance Future Animal Carer’s Grant
2023 RSPCA Pet Insurance Future Animal Carer’s Grant Winner - Lynley Hobart
Thank you to all the applicants for your interest in this year’s RSPCA Pet Insurance Future Animal Carer’s Grant! We received so many inspirational submissions and have thoroughly enjoyed reading through every essay.
Congratulations to Lynley Hobart who is the Winner of the 2023 RSPCA Pet Insurance Future Animal Carer’s Grant.
We’re delighted to let you know we’ve now started accepting applications for the 2024 RSPCA Pet Insurance Future Animal Carer’s Grant, and welcome students who meet the eligibility criteria to apply. Good Luck!
The RSPCA is Australia’s most recognised and best-loved animal welfare organisation. At RSPCA Pet Insurance we are dedicated to helping pets and their owners lower the costs of pet ownership by providing flexible cover options, including dog insurance and insurance for cats. With a portion of first-year premiums going to support the great work of the RSPCA.
We understand that qualified Veterinarians and Veterinary Nurses are essential in assisting with the protection and maintenance of your pet’s health. For that reason, we aim to provide support to people who are interested in getting into roles which are related to Veterinary Medicine, Animal Care and Animal Sciences by providing the RSPCA Pet Insurance Future Animal Carer’s Grant.
This Grant is offered annually to one person. Applications for the 2023 Grant are now closed and applications for the 2024 Grant are open until 31 October, 2024.
The value of this Grant is AUD $5,000 (total amount). This amount is paid as a one-off payment to the Winner.
- To be eligible, you must be enrolled full-time in an accredited Australian Tertiary Education Institution and be studying for a certificate, diploma, degree or traineeship in any of the following areas:
- Veterinary Medicine;
- Veterinary Science;
- Veterinary & Life Sciences;
- Animal Care;
- Veterinary Nursing;
- Animal Studies;
- Animal Sciences;
- Animal Nutrition;
- Veterinary Technology; or
- Any other courses leading to similar careers as an animal carer or pet health specialist
- Only citizens or permanent residents of Australia can apply; and
- You must be 18 years of age or over to apply.
- Employees and immediate family members including the spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling ("Immediate Family Members") of an RSPCA Pet Insurance employee are ineligible to enter. Employees, and immediate Family members of GFS are also ineligible to enter.
- Entrants must abide by the Terms and Conditions for an entry to be deemed eligible.
To apply for the RSPCA Pet Insurance Future Animal Carer’s Grant, you will need to write an essay with a maximum of 500 words on why you want to work in your selected industry and include examples of how you intend to use your future role to influence/affect improvements in animal welfare/health. We are looking for submissions with real life experiences that demonstrate commitment. It doesn’t have to be great prose, but it does need to be honest and come from the heart. We suggest you start thinking about the real reason(s) you have chosen the career path you have and then put it into words.
How to apply
All applicants must email the following documentation to email@example.com for their submission to be considered:
- Proof of Identification;
- Proof of enrolment, including course name, tertiary institution name and enrolment status;
- Your response (max word count 500 words); and
- Contact details (including residential address).
The Winner of the Grant will be selected and awarded by a panel of judges from the RSPCA Pet Insurance team in their absolute discretion, on the basis of the entry that best grasps the challenge. The panel for the 2024 Grant will convene from November 15, 2024.
- 15 February, 2024: Program launched and open for submissions.
- 31 October, 2024: Submissions close.
- 1 December, 2024: Winner to be notified via email and phone (if number is provided).
- 31 January, 2025: Deadline for Winner to supply all supporting documentation.
- 2 February, 2025: Winner announced on the website.
The Winner of the 2024 Grant will be notified by email and phone, with their name published on our website on 2 February, 2025.
Please be aware that if we are unable to get in contact with the Winner within four weeks of our initial contact attempt (on approximately 1 December, 2024), that Winner forfeits the Grant, and we will then select another Winner.
If you have any queries regarding the Grant Program, or wish to obtain a copy of the terms and conditions for previous Grants, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
By participating in this Grant Program you agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Grant Program including cooperation with marketing and promotional requests made by The Promoter.
See full Terms and Conditions.